Mens skin care from Swisa Beauty. We offer the finest skin care, hair care, shave and shower products for men only — plus coming soon, the grooming and skin care advice you need to use them with confidence.
1. Exfoliating after Shaving: Exfoliating must be done before shaving, and not after. Exfoliating helps remove dead skin cells and helps to unclog pores and prevent ingrown hairs. After shaving, the skin becomes sensitive and should not be exfoliated as this may cause irritation and rashes.
2. Going on a Protein only Diet: Your body needs vitamins, minerals, and various antioxidants that a protein only diet cannot provide. Vegetables, fruits, and whole grains provide many essential nutrients that are great for your skin, hair, and overall health. Next time, skip the fad diet and nurture your skin and body with a healthy helping of greens.
3. Not Drinking Enough Water: We’ve all heard it a million times—drink at least 8 glasses of water a day! While the exact daily dose of water has been debated by experts, the truth is that your body needs water to remove toxins from your system. Drinking more water not only helps the general health of your body, but it also helps your skin looking less dull and tired. Keep that bottle on your desk and drink up!!!
4. Binge Eating after an Intense Workout: So you just ran five miles and think you can reward yourself with 5 juicy cheeseburgers? Not the case my friend. Binging on fatty foods (especially those that are high in saturated fats) is never a good idea, despite how much physical activity you’ve completed in a day. It messes with your metabolism and often results in depriving the body of essential nutrients.
5. Binge Drinking: Lets face it--we all like to throw a few back every once in a while—no shame in that. But binge drinking (defined as having a Blood Alcohol Level of 0.08% or higher) can wreak havoc on your appearance. Alcohol causes your body to lose more fluids than it takes in so skin can become puffy, tight, dry, and dehydrated. Drink as much water as possible to help lessen the detrimental effects of alcohol on your skin and body.
6. Picking at Your Pimples: This is just about the worse thing you can do for your skin. Picking, pinching, squeezing, and playing with pimples is a major NO NO and can leave permanent scars on your face and body. Opt instead for an effective anti-acne treatment ike MenScience Acne Spot Repair.
7. Skipping the lotions and creams: Your skin is just naturally as smooth as a baby’s bottom right? Wrong. The simple fact is that everyone needs to moisturize and the skin benefits from the nurturing ingredients in skincare products. As we age, our skin tends to lose moisture and becomes drier. Moisturizers help retain moisture in the top layer of the skin and can protect the skin from environmental aggressions.
8. Not getting enough sleep: The National Sleep Foundation recommends between 7-9 hours of sleep a night. Not getting enough sleep is easily reflected in your skin and can lead to dark under-eye circles, dull skin tone, and a sagging complexion. Rest up—your skin and body need it. Learn more at High Quality Sleep Improves How You Feel and Look.
9. Not reapplying sunscreen: 90 percent of premature aging of the skin is caused by overexposure to the sun. Most sunscreens do not retain their effect beyond two hours. It is essential that you reapply frequently and apply at least 30 minutes before sun exposure.
10. Not reading MenScience skincare and nutrition articles: Subscribe to our newsletter and receive an e-mail every month with advanced skin care and grooming tips and advice for men, as well as exclusive offers.